09 September 2016

I'm making 4 books... At the same time!?

Hey everyone!
Wow, I need to make time to write blog entries more often...
So much has happened since April! The three biggest events of the year, Stockholm International Comics Festival (SIS) and Confusion in May and NärCon Summer in July, came and went like two tornados in my life. It was super fun and Nosebleed Studio sold our new book Nosebleed Studio's 10 Years Jubilee Anthology.

Ett foto publicerat av Nosebleed Studio (@nosebleedstudio)

At NärCon Summer we also held our popular event "Free Chibi Portrait", and drew some really nice ones!


Ett foto publicerat av Natalia Batista, mangaka (@nataliasmanga)

We also held a manga panel at SIS and a manga workshop at NärCon, and we taped/filmed both of them. Hopefully I can post links to them as soon as I have some time to edit them.


Now on to what I'm up to right now:
I'm making not one new book, not two new books but FOUR new books!
Two of them are with Nosebleed Studio and two of them with the publishers Rabén & Sjögren and Saga Games. Here they are:

1. Sjöjungfrun Minna
(Mermaid Minna, preliinary title)
I'll get to revisit one of my all time favorite characters and settings of my shorter comics; the characters and settings of Hooked On You, my mermaid manga from Nosebleed Studio's Anthology - Seaside Stories. This is a collaboration with the childrens book publisher Rabén & Sjögren, and my former editor for the Amaltea books, Fabian Göransson, who now works at this big publisher. I will make a full color manga, about 70 pages long, and my plan is to make it all in watercolors (!!). Hahaha, first time I make such a long story all in color, and not a simple technique to boot. I'll update you about the process as it comes along. To be released in Fall 2017.
Here's a color test I did:


2. Sword Princess - Rollspelet i Amalteas värld
(Role playing game in the world of Amaltea)
This will be so fun! Me and the RPG publisher Saga Games is making an RPG (pen and paper style) book to take place in the world of my manga Sword Princess Amaltea. I've been writing down everything I know about the lore and the skilled and experienced RPG-maker Tomas Arfert is writing the gameplay and tables. I'm also making the illustrations for the book. To be released in December 2016! (In Swedish)
Here's the preliminary cover design:


3. Nosebleed Studio lär dig teckna manga
(Nosebleed Studio teach you how to draw manga)
We're making a "how to draw manga"-book!! After 10 years of working as manga artists, we feel ready to give the world a piece of our knowledge and learned experience. We also see a demand of these kinds of books in Swedish, as the old ones are breaking apart and most of them are at least 10 years old. Time for some fresh new input in this field! We're right now in the production process, drawing step-by-steps. To be released in Spring 2017.


4. Nosebleed Studio's Anthology - Swedish History 
As always, we also plan on making a manga anthology for nex year, and our theme for this one is Swedish history! This is so exciting!! We have so many interesting periods and characters from our history to make comics about, it's even hard for me to chose... Well, lyckily I have until December to come up with a story with about 40 pages (bl/w), that's when we start making the book. More about this project later... To be released in Spring 2017.

Woah, this coming year will be jam-packed with work! But also so fun!

Thank you for reading, I'll keep you posted on these projects.

1 comment:

  1. Oj oj! Du är grym du, Nataila! :) 4 böcker! Det var inte illa det.

    Jag tackar så mycket för tipset om serieskaparen gruppen på facebook. Har hittat nån favorit-tecknare, så jag följer nu.

    Nu så funderar jag hur jag ska få flera följare,, förutom att dela på fb, instagram o min seriebloggen. Har försökt kontaktat några bokförlaga o nån tidning, men de har sagt nej. :/

    Men jag ska inte ge upp. Min dröm är att bli en serietecknare.. Och att flera vill läsa min serietidning. :) Att den ska finnas i butiker/bokhandel.

    Du och massor av andra tecknare inspirerar mej!

    http://bibelgangget.blogspot.se/
    https://finlandsgullet.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete